An excellent book covering a wealth of information on using digital imagery for textile work. Split into two sections it includes information on:
- Types of printers available, printing directly on to fabric using inkjet/laser printers, printing onto unusual surfaces e.g. velvet, dissolvable film, lutradur and evolon.
- Various methods of image transfer using transfer paper, textile medium and solvents.
- Using digital negatives and positives for photographic processes such as cyanotyping (blueprinting) and inkodye printing. Producing printing screens from your digital images.
- Manipulating images using Photoshop Elements. The use of creative ideas for combining and using digital images.
- Appendices on Health & Safety and Copyright.
- Full colour illustrations throughout using work by a variety of textile artists. Wiro bound to enable the book to lay flat for ease of use whilst you are working.